Summary Of Rules For LCC Members
Prints used in LCC Print Competitions can be used in NJFCC Print Competitions. An NJFCC label must be filled out and placed on the upper right back of the print. All classes (Beginner, Advanced, Salon) are combined in NJFCC Print Competitions.
1. NJFCC Print Labels: (http://www.njfcc.org/Data/1/ReplaceablePDFs/NJFCCPrintLabels.pdf
Print it onto Avery Labels #5264 (or comparable) or on plain paper. If using plain paper, securely tape it to the back of the print in the same area you would adhere a label (upper right corner), making sure there is no tackiness on the tape front. All labels must be secure. Please remember a print can be disqualified if it lacks a label or if it can cause damage to another print.
2. NJFCC Scoring:
Scoring: Prints will be scored on 3-9 point system.
9= Medal/Plaque candidate 6= Better than average, but not at HM candidate
8= Merit Award (MA) Ribbon candidate 5= Average
7=Honorable Mention (HM) Ribbon candidate 3-4= Below Average
Note: The highest score is 27 (3 judges, all awarding 9's)
3. Winner Selections- (Based on a three judge panel):
Medal/Plaque Winner - The best of the 27's. If no 27’s the best of the next lower score.
Merit Award Ribbon Winner - Those with the same score as the Medal winner. If no other entries receive the same score as the Medal winner, the Merit Awards will be awarded to the next lower score.
Honorable Mention Ribbon Winner - Will be determined from those that fall below the Merit Awards.
The total number of entries awarded will be about 20% of the entry pool.
4. Size Requirements:
The minimum image size is 8" x 10" or 80 square inches. The maximum size (image or image plus backing/mounting) is 16” x 20”. Prints measuring 16”x20” must be mounted on a 16x20 mat or foam board. For 16x20 images, the mount must not extend beyond the border of the image. However if your image is smaller than 16x20 your mount can be as large as the acceptable size of 16x20.
• Prints may be mounted on mat board or thin foam core. Images mounted on oak tag will be disqualified.
• Prints must be securely mounted. Any print not secured is subject to disqualification.
• No over matting/window matting is allowed.
• No signatures, copyrights, titles or any other marking may be present on the front of the image or mount.
NOTE: Any entry in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
6. Monochrome Images: The NJFCC defines Mono Chrome is as follows:
A single toned image such as Black & White or Sepia, with no additional accent color.
Thank you for visiting our site
Any questions, please use "Contact Us"